Patrice is currently publisher and managing editor of Soapbox Cincinnati / NKY thrives which are Issue Media Group local digital publications. As publisher, she works with like-minded underwriters, foundations, and civic organizations to develop underwriting, partnerships, sponsorships, and special projects. Publications feature local people and talent-led initiatives impacting community and economic development using narrative storytelling and solutions journalism reporting.
Consulting agency, Raise Your Share, uses new media planning, strategies and tools to help businesses and nonprofits use digital and social media effectively. As a result, they are able to grow audiences and revenue with customer engagement.
Patrice’s successful offline media career includes serving as publisher of the city magazine — Cincinnati Magazine — in addition to sales, business, and sports management for national broadcasting companies including Clear Channel (previously known as Jacor), Taft Broadcasting, and American Media.
Experience + Skills
- Publishing – Experienced digital and print publisher; advertising director, and marketing director
- Social and Digital Media – Website strategy and project management for WordPress including website front end design; Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram and X advertising; and social media management
- Digital applications – A strong hands-on knowledge of technology apps such as google meet, Zoom, Google meet, Teams, Survey Monkey, Google surveys; Hootsuite; Picmonkey, plus various CMS and CRM platforms
- Grant writing – Issue Media Group has received grants from the Ohio State Bar Foundation; the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr. Foundation; Greater Cincinnati Foundation; The Turner Foundation; The Seasongood Foundation; Facebook; Google; and Solutions Journalism Network
- Talent management – Collaboration with a community of creatives including writers, photographers, designers, printers, website developers, and videographers
- Data and analytics – Regular research of audience reach for impact reporting using Google analytics, Facebook and Instagram Insights, Crowdtangle, and X Analytics
- Email – Writing, editing and managing email campaigns using digital platforms including Mail Chimp, G-Suite, Outlook, and Constant Contact along with strategy and integration for digital and social channels
- Events – Business and sponsorship development; community partnerships; grant writing; building and managing budgets; marketing; event management; plus working knowledge of various event platforms including Eventbrite and Facebook events
- Radio – Proven general sales manager; national sales manager, and seasoned account manager for AM/FM radio stations plus national and regional sports marketing; client research support using platforms Arbitron, Scarborough, and Media Audit
- Direct Mail – Audience development for radio and television stations and audience circulation for publishing.
- Publish magazines, digital publications, and custom publishing
- Develop revenue
- Build collaborative partnerships
- Manage social and digital media
- Ideate brands and identity
- Create effective presentations
- Facilitate community and advisory gatherings
- Report using data and analytics to show reach and impact
See my profile on Linkedin for more details: